Thursday, November 08, 2012

One night only: trading my pen for a mic

I'm a writer and a reporter for a reason. I'm most comfortable behind the keyboard, telephone or notepad as the one asking the questions. That's why I'm nervous but excited to have the tables turned on me by LM friend and columnist Jody Shilan next week. I'll be the featured guest on his FD2B Talk Radio show. We all should get out of our comfort zones every once in a while, right?

At least I'll be discussing a topic I know well: How landscape companies can grab the attention of the media and get featured in various news outlets, like their local papers, regional magazines or the trade press. Let me now if you have any questions you'd like me to address beforehand--or you can even call in live during the show.

If you're not familiar with Jody's show, you should check out some of the archived episodes. Personally, I can't always listen to the show live, but I've made it a habit to tune in to the archives during my commute. There's a lot to learn from some interesting Green Industry players, like Kevin Kehoe (another LM columnist!), Ed Laflamme, Chris Heiler and others. 

Tune in next Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 7 p.m. Eastern. To get updates about the show, click here and click on the "follow" button below the FD2B.com logo.

--Marisa Palmieri



No comments: